Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I always blush and I need help please?????

I blush whenever I talk in front of the class and I am always scared to talk in front of the class just because I am scared that I will blush. In all my presentations, I turn beet red and it is really embarrassing and everyone makes fun of me. I wouldnt even be embarrassed if I didnt turn red. Any advice? PLEASE I NEED HELP
Answer:
The more you do these the less you will blush. Think about it this way, if you did the presentation 50 times in one day would you blush every time? I seriously doubt it. So if you blush in the first seconds of giving the speech try to do it somewhere privately right beforehand and envision the crowd out there and get the blushing out of your system.
put alot of concealer on or just say its blush(makeup) that you put on.
use lots of makeup or pretend that youre talking to empty chairs. and think of all the good things. at least youre not puking becuz of it. at least.... etc.
you just get embarrassed easily. imagine that nobody is in front of you. imagine you are the only one standing there.
The only way to get over this is to get through it. You'll outgrow it as you become more comfortable and confident with people. If you try to stop it, it'll only get worse. The only thing you can do is learn to laugh at yourself, this will increase your confidence and change the way others view you. Hey don't sweat it too much, cause some girls think it's cute!
My husband has had to speak in front of people pretty often.He says that it helps if you're a little nervous to pick out one person and pretend that you're talking to only them.It's much easier to talk to only one,then a room full.Of course you don't want to look at only that one person for a long time, so after a few words,move on to someone else.Since you're still in school,pick out a friend,and pretend it's only you and them.Hope that helps,and don't worry about turning red,lots of people get embarassed to be in speak in front of others.
You may not solve the blushing..but.. you make be able to compose yourself better while you're speaking in public. This takes nothing more than practice. If you know you have to speak in public, try rehearsing. And of course .. BE YOURSELF! If you have a sense of humor, USE IT! Don't be afraid to take a poke at yourself if you are feeling uncomfortable.
I have to speak in public often and I have had to do this on many occasions. You would be surprised by 2 things... First, most the people think you're doing ok and don't think you're choking. Second.. people react well if you start to lose your composure and adjust with a jab at yourself. Don't tell a joke, just make a comment like "Although I'm an expert at the subject matter I speak of.. I'm a horrible public speaker!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net