Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I always get really depressed over a break up..help pls?

I have been in two relationships and I am 25 years old. The first one was 7 years and the second 5. I get super depressed when it is over to the point where I don't even want to live anymore, and I am not over exaggerating or being ridiculous either. I think it is because my father passed when I was 14 and ever since I have been missing that figure in my life that I get really attatched and want to fill that void. I think it also brings back memories when he left. I have gone to the doctor before for depression after my first relationship and just don't like talking to a therapist or want to take meds but if I don't do something soon I am afraid what could happen to me. It is really hard and I don't want to be like that anymore..any ideas on how to get through this and move on instead of feeling so low and suicidal? I am alone and have no family left so I have no one to turn to..
Answer:
Taking time to greive is fine, everyone needs too, but getting back out there is great. If maybe just once a week you could go do something fun and exciting with friends or go out and meet people. You don't really need a man to make you happy as long as there are people who care for you then you should be fine and just work your way towards a new relationship. If you meet someone great, but what is done is done and you need to let go of the past before it controls your life. So start small go out once a week, to a club or an event that could be fun, take a buddy with you to be safe and just look for potential friends, not a relationship, friendships can turn to relationships. Once you find a candidate just talk to them, get to know them, then if you're comfortable ask them out to a movie or dinner, something casual, but it doesn't have to be a date, unless you want it to be. For now I think you need to just create friends that can potentially be life partners. I hope I could help some, Good luck.
If you want to talk i am here to listen email/msn need-help-with-life@hotmail. com anytime , Think positive and keep your chin up

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net