Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I am an Alcoholic?

I am 34 male and an alcoholic. I`ve kown I`ve been one since I was 18. I`ve been on camprol %26 anti abuse. It is a very hard disease for me to get off.

I think I`m am loosing some friends but its because they are starting to have kids and have been in a long term relationship I think or I don`t ring them.
Answer:
Thanks for the background info. Now give us your question and we will be good to go.
You're NOT an alcoholic.
yes, fix it.
So what is your ?
This isn't even a question. If you feel like spilling your guts, try a support group.
and your question is?
You need to go to AA and get your life together. I am a drug addict, but I have really turned my life around thanks to support groups like AA and NA. I am 30.
You actually should ask a question here instead of make a statement.
Ok, you know the bad news about alcoholism. No lecture. Try the Smart Recovery program, you can find them on the web. It is a good approach to facing and dealing with your problem.
Good luck and take care.
Okay, first of all alchoholism isn't a disease. I'd consider alchoholism a sort of condition rather than a disease. Look up more support groups that you haven't tried yet, or try to ween yourself off of your addiction. This is often what smokers do when they want to quit (other than just going cold turkey, which I would also recommend).

Good luck!
First you ask if you are an alcoholic then then you say you are one. I think that if you say that you are then you probably are.
yes if thats what you want to call yourself ,only you can change who you are and what you do in life,.
in order for other people to notice you have changed you have to do things that are not common to you and what you usually do.
and stoping something that has no value to your life is one way ,. think positive about becoming someone who is not addicted to alcohol and be some who is a good example of what it is to recover from something that is not good.
Always call a friend just keep in touch
Good luck, by staying sober all things are possible...keep drinking and nothing will work out...maybe you should check out AA. That way you wouldn't be alone in trying to stay sober.
Bobby I'll be praying for you. The first step is that you admitted it. My husband came from an alcoholic family and he's 69 and it has effected him all of his life. His Dad was not only a drunkard, but very abusive to his family. Please call AA and let them help you. I'm sure your friends will stand behind you and their kids will have an Uncle Bobby that they can be proud of. Hang in there.
If you think you are an alcoholic, then you probably are. Good for you in that you can at least admit that you have a problem. Now, you need to get on the road to recovery. If the medications your on aren't working, tell your dr and try soemthing else. Get into therapy if you have to. Do whatever it takes. Most alcoholics do eventually lose their friends because people can only take so much and can only do so much for others. If they're starting to have kids, then they don't want their kids around that environment. They don't want their kids to think that's cool, etc.
I understand it is a very hard disease to "get off". However, you are still in the addictive cycle and "addictive thinking" Here's why I say that.

You blame loosing friends on them having kids and having long term relationship .. so you "don't ring them". This is classic addictive thinking. I'm gonna lay it on straight to you. Please don't take offense ... this is a reality check for you.

You are likely loosing friends because you are an active alcoholic.That means your behavior is likely unacceptable around their spouses and kids. Many people are "single" and have maintained connections with friends who have married and their children. I'm godfather to many friends children and a regular visitor to their home.

You don't ring them up because that would cut into your drinking time. You "rationalize" something like "Oh, they don't want to talk with me." OR "They didn't call me, so screw them, I won't call until they do." You see the object is you don't give a sh*t about them. You care about your booze and your drinking buddies.

So instead of screwing around on ByeDr.com get your drunk, blaming butt into treatment, get it to an AA meeting, get it finding a sponsor, and get it OUT of sitting in self-pity, denial, and rationalization.

On the UP side ... you admit you have a problem ... you are 90% there when you adimit a Problem ... now do the other 10% an d DO the Solution.
It may sound cliche but have you tried prayer? I say this because of my eperience with depression. The doctors put me on pills and I took them for a while but they didnt work so after some time I started praying and seeking a closer relationship with God. If you dont already attend one try finding a church. If your not realy into the religion label go for a non-denominational church. Im not going to say I was cured the next day but it helped. Throughout the year I gradually improved and was able to do all the things I love to do before such as being with my friends. Sometimes I still get down but now I just pray and the sadness fades. So I know its not exactly the same problem but im confident that this would help. Anyways I hope things get better for you. God Bless.
Congratulations. I believe you have achieved step one. But you are right, you will lose friends, and continue to have fewer friends if you don't conquer the alcoholism, disease or not. You will hurt the people who love you and you will hurt yourself by damaging your health.

How To Find An A.A. Meeting
Alcoholics Anonymous is worldwide with A.A. meetings in almost every community. You can find times and places of local A.A. meetings or events by contacting a nearby central office, intergroup or answering service of U.S. and Canada.

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/en_f...

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/en_f...
Only you can determine for certain whether or not you are an alcoholic...But, having to make an educated guess...I would say you are...I know how you feel...I too, am a recovering alcoholic %26 addict.Life is soooo tough dealing w/this affliction...Sometimes it's a battle every day to stay clean %26 sober...Go to AA--they will help, and support you!! Whatever you do..DON'T GIVE UP!!!
Check into a rehab. You can turn your life around, but it doesn't mean that it is going to be easy. I do have to admit though, you are taking a step forward by actually admitting that you are an alcoholic. AA is a good program. Just please try to get help before you decide to drink and drive and kill someone or get an unwanted DUI. Good Luck...
My advice is to stop complaining and writing on here about it...and DO SOMETHING!! Get help, get ACTIVE, sitting on the computer won't help you stay sober!
it is a very good thing that you realize that you do have a problem, that is a very big start toward your first step of helping yourself.I know what you are going thru honestly, I lived with an alcoholic for 7 years, I tried very hard to change him because he really meant a lot to me but then there were a lot of abuse and a lot of times he was so drunk he did not know the extent of the abuse,verbal, emotional,physical. my advise to you friend is first of all you admitted that you have a drinking problem and that you are an alcoholic,next is what are you going to do about it? are you going to let alcohol take full control over your body-because right know you are letting it have full control of you.if you do not get some help now you may end up with scherosis of the liver and that is one of the worst things to see someone go thru,it is very heartbreaking,and sad,my husbands brother passed away from it he was a major alcoholic, beer and cold pizza for breakfast,then in the afternoon he would have a snack and wash it down with a straight shot or two of vodka, his favorite drinks were Cobra a cheap alcoholic beverage here in the U.S.A.,and Vodka sometimes chased down with a small glass of orange juice or he may mix it.Alcohol was his life and it took his life,he suffered with scherosis of the liver and was extremely sick and broke out with sores all over his skin,I cried until there were no more tears left to cry,there was nothing that could of been done, he went to AAA meetings and he even quit for a very short while,but he always went back to the bottle.Please get some help! I know that you said that you have tried different things,try going into a mental hospital if that's what it takes,get control of your life back do not let it kill you.I'm sure that you have dreams and goals in life that you would like to full-fill, and maybe you would like to have a family of your own but first you have to gain control of your life and build your life up slowly-find some hobbies that you enjoy that does not consist of drinking,go to a movie,relieve some stress, take a few deep breaths my friend and feel the breath of life while you still can.put your heart into quitting,dont back down sure it's hard and you get frustrated and you might even slip up once,but dont let it take you down,take a good look around you there are good reasons in your life to make this happen I'm sure,like family and friends, they may be bitter toward you and you may be bitter toward them but that's probably because you ache for the freedom from your addiction dont lose your whole life to alcohol, yes it is a disease and a very bad one that will consume your life quickly and tradgically dont let it happen to you my friend wake up and take a new hard look at your life and call your local mental health center tell them that you are an alcoholic and you want help because you are determined to fight this disease and win. GOOD-LUCK my friend.
AA will help you. I started going to meetings and working the steps almost 9 years ago and have not had a drink since. If you've tried AA and been unsuccessful, try it again. As we say, it works if you work it . . . but sometimes you can't work it until you are ready.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net