Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I am an Indian male, now 22 years of age. I was molested once by my female cousin who was 4 years older to me?

I was 9-10 years old she was 14 years old I was in a boys school. It happened once for sure maybe 1 more time not sure.. i had gone to stay at my cousin's place for the summer vacation and was sleeping in her room in the same bed.. she told me to take off all my clothes and held my penis and shook it.. she also made me touch her breasts.. she was fantasising or something.. another time another female cousin tried to play husband and wife games although nothing happened... all these memories were forgotten n I didn't really recollect them until I was much older.. later I joined a co-ed 11th and 12th n now am in a co-ed engineering college.. Im very scared and uncomfortable in the company of women.. if a girl is walking in front of me i get scared that she might think that iam following her. when girls who are just friends, put arm around me for a foto or jus casually I cringe n freak..I want to behave normally n hav proper relationship with girls.. I don want to feel this way:( plz help
Answer:
Have you gone for any sort of counselling?
This is serious stuff.

Have you ever considered confronting your cousin
Do your parents have any idea about this?
You can email me if you wish.

I am a Student RN
Go to the counselor or your local Mental Health Organization and ask for some assistance to seek temporary therapy. You could be suffering effects of PTSD. It's not uncommon. Talk therapy is very helpful in this type of situation.
Instead of being scared, be happy and enjoy.
There is a school of thought/psychology that helps people identify automatic thoughts (assumptions you are making that may or may not be based on past experiences, but none the less interfere with your everyday life and relationships).

I am not a trained counselor or psychologist but I think that you would benefit from speaking to someone trained in the area of cognitive behaviour psychology. This may help with the automatic thought of thinking that the girl "might think that I am following her". It may also help you associate the touching of arms for photos with the current situational context-as a gesture of friendship - rather than the historical context of abuse. hope this helps
There is help for you. It is just a matter of you reaching out. Unfortunately, it is very difficult for us to reach back, through ByeDr.coms. Seek out a counselor, perhaps at school. Also, reading the following on-line articles may help more than you're apt to think:

Comfort for Those With a "Stricken Spirit"
- "Repressed Memories" - Did It Really Happen?
http://watchtower.org/library/w/1995/11/...
http://watchtower.org/library/g/1993/10/...
http://watchtower.org/library/g/2000/12/...

Coping With Post-traumatic Stress
http://watchtower.org/library/g/2001/8/2...

Read The Bible Online
http://watchtower.org/bible/index.htm...
your perfectly normal.. except for ur unusual thinking..
things happen at times.. and sumtimes create bad memories.. wht ur feelin right now iz a perfectly normal behavious and u have nothing to worry bout.. jus make urself comfortable and try not to think of wht has happened to u.. get urself involved wid frenz includin gals..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net