Sunday, October 25, 2009

How to gain my confidence and self esteem back?

I used to be pretty self confident in who I was and what I could accomplish even to the point were ppl would call me cool breeze. About a year and a half ago a traumatic event occured in which i felt helpless and outnumbered...and I ran from the situation out of fear. ever since my confidence has dwindled (except when I am performing athletic activities that I am good at). regardless of the fact that I can sometimes gain my confidence back temporarily, one thing that has never left me since then is fear. i am scared to do many things now especially talking to new people, something that wsnt really an issue before hand. I was just wondering if there is anything that I can do to shake this feeling of being scared to do many things, it is ripping away my friendship and relationship with my girlfriend, and most importantly, it is keeping my self-estem and confidence grounded all the time (the root reason why im becoming more iolated ffrom friends and family). NE suggestions would be great
Answer:
See if there is counseling available through your school or job--if you are apart of either.If you have heathcare, then use it for counseling.There may also be people in your life that are not making you feel so good--even after the post traumatic event.What you need is a support system, someone who understands--like professionals or a support group of people who are going through the same thing.

Also, eating healthy can help calm and boost your nervous system.Stick with organic and whole foods and take in more alkaline foods that will give you a pleasant state of mind...

Also, do some journaling to record your feelings about what and who is making you feel this way...

Also, take a self-defense class...It will give you a confidence boost...Tai Chi and Yoga are also great for relaxing the mind as well as the body.

You could also find a church where there are many people who are waiting for you--they take people in under their wing and help heal them of their troubles through word and faith.And you could start to believe in yourself more, because these people won't give up on you.

I hope some of this helps, good luck!!
just think of what you can do best and believe in your self
XANAX can work wonders.you should hit up your doctor and see what he/she thinks!
make a plan for yourself, decide how you want to be. then stop thinking about it. If you keep dwelling on it, you're just going to keep dragging yourself further down.
try listing ten great things about you
It sounds like you have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD, look it up
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/post-trauma...


but listen, you sound like a really good guy and though things seem at their darkest right now, try to keep hold of the fact that it will not be like that forever. You're going through a rough time and you'll get past it. I promise.
Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net