Saturday, October 31, 2009

How to slowly decrease Adderall intake but still use recreationally?

I've been prescribed Adderall for almost two years now and I started off taking it only once a week or so, sometimes going longer than that. For almost this last year however, I seem to
take one everyday, sometimes I even take two (I am prescribed 25mg Adderall XR).

I understand tolerance and want to cut back but I want to know how long I would need to stop taking it and/or if I should revert back to one or two a week. How long would I have to go without Adderall to get the same feeling if I even could?

The reason I'm asking is because it does wonders for my mood and ability to concentrate but I don't want to become dependent on anything.
Answer:
decrease the mg over a period of time like a week

if you take 1 a day , take half a day for 1 week and then like 1 every other day and then stop and take it whenever you need it
i dont know what mg they are availible in so i cant really break it down for ya.
if you cant break the pills/capsules( or open it and take half the insides) tell ur dr that you want smaller mg so you can take it in the am and pm instead of once a day.
Using it for specific funtions, even if recreationally, (ie concentration, mood improvment) is can also be a dependency issue in itself. I would reccomend finding other ways to learn to concentrate and be in a good mood while weaning yourself off of the drug with the support of a licensed health professional.

I would also reccomend working with an acupuncturist/herbalist to help shake off any dependencies you may have or be concerned about regarding your aderol intake and contition for which it has been prescribed. Those little needles and herbs can work wonders for this kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net