Saturday, October 31, 2009

How would you approach a person wanting to commit suicide?


Answer:
Be yourself, be kind, be open, don鈥檛 try to overcompensate, create distractions, go for a walk or hike together, cook dinner together, try to refrain from negative speech. Be supportive, don鈥檛 be critical. Reassure the friend. A good friend asks difficult questions about the depression, in hopes that the depressed friend can feel comfortable to ask for help!
Carefully
just be friendly
give them space and dont talk to them until they call you for help
keep them occupied, ask them to go places
they are probably depressed
A lot of times what someone wanting to commit suicide is after more than anything is just the feeling that someone cares, and is willing to listen. I'd offer to listen, and if he was willing to talk then when he was done I'd see if I could help him find his way out of the suicide by offering advice and suggestions on where he can find help for his problems.
I WOULD DEFIANTLY TRY TALKING TO HIM. IF YOU ARE ALREADY FRIENDS WITH THAT PERSON THEN TRY TAKING THEM SOMEWHERE THEY ENJOY BEING EXPLAIN YOU ARE THERE FOR THEM AND YOU ALWAYS WILL BE. TRY TO GET TO THE SOURCE AS TO WHY THEY FEEL SO BAD WHERE THEY WOULD TAKE THERE OWN LIFE AND TALK TO THEM TELL THEM YOU WILL GO WITH THEM TO GET HELP AND YOU WILL STAND BEHIND THEM 100% GOOD LUCK!!
say die man
Most people don't want to commit suicide so tell them if this is what they really want to do then go ahead...most of the time reverse pshcology works and then you get them some help...
Slowly, with care, and show actual concern for their life.

Most times people attempting suicide are asking for help, calling out. They feel alone, forgotten, or lost. LIke no one cares, or they did something and THEY see it as wrong and unforgivable, and the only way out is suicide.

They won't hear that' it can be worked out, unless you give them examples that make sence to them. So I guess first I'd listen, then try to be as positive as I can. I won't lie, but I"ll be honest and admit maybe I'm not the one to help them, however I'll stand by them and help them find the right help, the right person that can assist them.

I think that's the key, offering to be there so whatever the problems are they won't be alone in dealing with them.

Being lonely has to be the worse feeling. I'd take that pain away.
No one should be lonely.
I would tell him how much he means to me or other people and how much I would miss him if he weren't around . I would talk to him about his family if they were on good terms, but not if I knew they were at big time odds. Usually there is a grandparent or favorite aunt or uncle that is respected, so you could talk to him about them and how hurt they would be if he left this way. If he will allow it, pray for him too.
Of course, you realize you need to get him some professional help too, right away.
I shall approach that person coolly and try not to make him commit that. I shall make him abstain from doing this. All I do ,considering everything from his point his point of view. I shall try to understand the problem from his position.
Well... I've been to the point of committing suicide myself because of family problems. I found that if I thought of how many good things I have and love in my life I would snap out of it. I thought of the love for my grandmother. That totally snapped me out of it. I wouldn't want her to see me leave like that. Anywho... just if you know the person and it is a friend and you know about their life tell them about the things and memories that are positive, also remember to tell them that his close family like (grandparents, brothers/sisters, close friends, and relatives) that would be devastated and torn. Good luck. ^.=.^
I had a friend that went through this last year, and I'm glad to say she's still here.

What I did was talk to her all the time, hurting people need someone to listen to them, so they can let all of their pain out. I also called many Doctors and they gave me advice, to mainly listen, to have patience. One thing they said was that "it's, not your fault if she hurts herself" I thought about that for a minute and it's true, it's out of my control. I told her to call me anytime she wanted to talk and she did. And slowly, she began letting go of the pain, she began to heal herself. And I thank God for the words he gave me when it came to talking to her. I must admit I was a little scared about the whole thing.

My advice to you is, be a rock for your friend, listen to all the concerns he/she has, and try to get them professional help. There are many local places that offer free assistance regarding this matter, but most importantly have Patience, no matter what happens be patient.
Very, very, carefully. Let them know that you are there for them.You are going to have to be a good talker. If your not get somebody there that can.If the person has a family tell them how much they are going to hurt the ones that love them. You are just going to have to talk and to know all the right things to say. Like I said, if you can't do it, get somebody there that can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net