Saturday, October 31, 2009

How to stop being shy so I can sing?

many ppl think I can sing, and I now have a producer interested in me. It took me 30 mins to build up the courage to sing infront of him. After I did it he was impressed, and now wants to put me in the studio. What should I do? I feel like ppl are going to be as hard on me as I am myself. And even though I know thats probably not so true...I feel like that and I get shy. Too shy. My heart races, I breathe a little faster.
Answer:
Some advice I give some of the singers I work with is to go to Walmart late at night %26 sing while you are shopping. Loud! People will look and stare...but who cares? It's late night Walmart :) When you get on stage, pretend you are singing in Walmart:) Trust me on this...it works every time:)
I have the same problem. I want to be a singer but I'm to scared and shy to sing in front of people. I will be watching your question because I need advise too. Good luck to you. Maybe we can do a duet together and it would make it easier for both of us lol!
Practice singing in front of friends. Then have your friends bring in a person or two you don't know and sing in front of them.
Then sing in front of larger and larger audiences.
Another way would be to act as if (pretend) you had all the confidence in the world and then before you know it you will.
well everybody's afraid of something. and all i can tell you is hey! he wants you in the studio. thats a big thing. think bout it. youre gonna have to face a huge audience sooner or layter. and just start withh small audiences and just work your way up :]

-Lil [G]
I used to feel the same way, first I had a speech class, which lessened it, then I joined a choir that did live singing, which lessened it, then I auditioned for other choirs that lessened it, then I did a musical which lessened it, then I took voice lessons which lessoned it, then I did solo recitals. I hope you get what I'm saying. Of course I still get a little nervous, but just enough to get the blood flowing! I wouldn't want to not get nervous at all or I wouldn't have the energy I need for a good performance.
i don't believe you since producers look for the whole package but i'll answer anyways...

think about expressing what it is the song is saying to your audience. believe that they MUST get the point or they will meet their death...so what you're singing is the most important thing they've heard in their life and you have one chance to convey your message.

OR maybe

The people in the room are here because they want to hear you and you want to give them your very best. Remember.unless you really suck.they are on your side and they dig your style.
My daughter sings and is also very shy. Initially she was almost unable to be in front of people, I told her to close her eyes and vision being alone somewhere in which she was comfortable. This helped. Once she was able to open her eyes she looked above the people and not at their faces. Eventually, she became comfortable--or at least not quite as scared to be singing with others watching.
As far as ppl being hard on you...that is going to happen. Some because they lack the talent you may have and some just because thats how they are. Be you and I am sure you will be fine. Good luck!
Do relaxation techniques, simple stuff like breathing slowly, clenching and clenching your hands and toes, talking to yourself in encouraging ways. What are you singing? %26gt; I am an actress in musical theater, but I can by shy in real life. I have found that when I am in character, I can do whatever I want and sing as loud/good/unique as I want or as the part calls for because I am not Sarah, I am my character. If you aren't singing character songs, try and simply make up a character for yourself in the song. Most of all, convince yourself not to be nervous and have the attitude that you are AWESOME and you will succeed in what you are doing since you obliviously are very talented. Attitude and how you think about yourself are very important, just get out there, breathe, and use the talent God gave you! Also, everyone, even the pros, get nervous sometimes when they preform. All that matters is that you love what you are doing and you know that you can do it.

1 comment:

  1. Make A 1st move that can last forever, All famous artist today was shy at some point in their life but that didn't stop them, they overcame that with the belief and faith of becoming popular in the music industry,, RIGHT!... There are Millions of us out there who can sing with so much passion and love but there are hundreds who can be fight the stage fright and be known for who they are ... Or yea one advice is to start writing your own music, it helps when u have more confidence in yourself and you know what you wrote is inspired by your feelings and thoughts.. Make a move, Take Jump... And start singing.. :) Best of Luck guys

    ReplyDelete

 

How to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net