Saturday, October 31, 2009

How was your first trip to the psych ward?


Answer:
Noisy, out of control, confusing, threatening. First surprise the workers looked like patients - stringy dirty hair, rumpled clothes. Mixed bag - silent suffering street people, manic suicidal abandoned husband, giant active schizophrenic, sad dementia patient, several coked up strippers, me manic cleaning out the fridge. The police came in without warning to arrest some potsmokers, orderlies put one screaming girl in padded room in restraints with a big shot of something heavy. Felt totally powerless. Rather die that go back there.
CRazy!!!!!

I just had to say that.
it was great. i had just come out of seeing an episode of the view and rosie o'd was acting very butch. i'm ok now.
I broke a window i tried to escape i got ECT yea lots of good times
Actually my first day to the psych ward was as an employee. It made me rather nervous at the time. But, it ended up my favorite place to work
very sad i was 6 and my parents were admitting my older sister who was 12
It was somewhat tense to say the least
even though I was assured that my friend
was over his feelings that he had to kill everyone
around him to "free the world" of the "enemy" !!

He's out now, working everyday at his new job
at the local post office !!
I spent my 16th birthday in a psych ward. My cousin put LSD in my coffee and I spaced out for a couple days. My parents freaked out and had me admitted for 30 days observation. That was the REAL trip, not the LSD.
my first trip to a psych ward was when i was nineteen years old and weighed 90 pounds. {i am a male} i applied for a job there and was hired. i was terrified. it was 1968 in a large psych hospital. we all wore a blue shirt, tie, and black pants. i felt like a jail guard. there were 80 patients on the ward, which was a infirmary ward with older people on it. the patients were very scary, some were yelling, fighting, and very noise. i spent the next thirty years as a hospital staff member. it was the most rewarding job i have ever had. i got to help a lot of people, and got to like the patients, and almost regretted retiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net