Saturday, October 31, 2009

How to tell my mom I have an anxeity disorder?

For some reason I am embarrassed to admit that I have an anxiety disorder, how do I tell my mom this so I can get medicine for it?
Answer:
Just tell her what you are experiencing, the symptoms and tell her they are severe enough that you feel you should see the family doctor. Then behind closed doors you can explain all of it to the doc and let them make the diagnosis to your mom.
Tell your mom when she's in a good mood and when she's alone.

Tell her that your unable to manage your anxiety and your relation with others are getting ruined because of that.
Dont feel embarrassed, she'll take care of everything.
Just tell her . 75% of human beings have one form or another of anxiety and or depression.
Tell your mom. Anxiety disorders are not rare. Many people have it. I am one of the people who have it and I take medication.
My life has been so much better after going on medicine for anxiety. I suffer less anxiety attacks now and I feel like a much better person. It really helps you with your
self esteem.
I hope you tell your parents, it will really help you!!!
Unless you've seen a doctor, you don't know if you have anxiety disorder or not. Anxiety is often a symptom of a physical problem- sometimes as simple as a poor diet, too much sugar, or hypoglycemia. Tell your mom you're not feeling well, see a doctor, and get a proper diagnosis.
Quickly--IMMEDIATELY, if not sooner.

She needs to get you to a doctor, before you start having attacks--or any attacks that you are having get worse.

As far as medication goes, age has everything to do with what sorts of meds will help you.

Check out:

http://www.about.com

Type anxiety in their search box (upper right corner). There is plenty for you to read at that site.

Feel better--and it really is best that mom knows now.
wait a minute... what makes you think you have anxiety disorder? Usually, a medical professional will make that determination and then, if appropriate, prescribe the medication. You are putting the cart before the horse.
Tell her it's hard to function because of overwhelming feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net