Sunday, October 25, 2009

How to get in a better mood?

sometimes i get in a bad mood and it affects my whole day...what are some things i can do to put myself in a better mood?
Answer:
Hi! I've suffered from depression for a long time. I recently started therapy and discovered some amazing ways to do just that-change my mood. First, think gratitude. Make a list of 10 things you're grateful for-your health, your family, friends. Be grateful they're healthy and happy. Every morning the first thing I do is to say thanks for 3 things I'm grateful for. Another thing...what you think about will affect your mood. Focus your thoughts on good positive things. Try to push the negative out. The main point of all of this is that YOU control your emotions. They are yours and you own them. Make the effort to take responsibilty for changing them and don't blame others for "making you feel..." YOU make you feel - others can only make you feel bad if you allow them!
I know it might sound silly but pick up yoga, you can meditate and bring yourself back to your happy place. Its fun!
I know this sounds silly, but start making a list of everything you HAVE in your life. . . . friends, food, shelter, a comfy bed (probably), internet access, clean water, a shower, clothes, a cell phone?, shoes, your health, family, tv . . . .I'm sure you get the point. It's just a good way to think about that we really don't have it that bad, you know?

But also remember that it's OKAY to feel down once in a while. If it last for a long time, or is causing physical problems (migranes, back pain, stomach aches, weight loss, etc.), it's time to talk to your doctor, but feeling blue on occassion is normal.
i was going to say yoga but the first person beat me to it.
um someone said to me that i should dance when i'm sad cause it's hard to be sad when you're dancing.
turn on music, do something that is enjoyable to you, or run it out. yes, run. if something bothers you real bad, try running for a mile or three. you will forget that you had a bad day, and your mood will become better. it also does wonders for self esteem. it's because your body release certain chemicals that makes you feel happy, you got to run hard though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

How to Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net